Know before you go
Because Aventurine Photo Safaris focuses on outdoor photo tours and trips, we've compiled a few things that are important to keep in mind to make your trip as pleasurable as possible.
What to wear
- Comfortable shoes good for walking or climbing up a hill to get the best shot.
- Especially in Winter, dress in layers that can be removed as the day gets warmer. Multiple thin layers work better to insulate than one thick layer.
- A hat.
- Sunscreen. Don't forget this.
What to pack
Apart from the obvious - your camera - also consider the following:
- A tripod - especially for those early morning and late afternoon landscape images.
- Extra batteries. You'll most likely be shooting A LOT. So bring at least one spare to keep on hand during the day. Don't forget the chargers so you can recharge every night.
- Extra memory cards. Chances are one is not going to be enough.
- Sunscreen. Yes, I already said sunscreen, but bring more.
- A water bottle.
- A swimming costume in Summer, or any other time, if you're brave, to cool off in those mountain pools.
- Optional extras:
- Binoculars - especially if you're also a birder. I share this passion and am always happy to mix it up.
- Multiple lenses, filters, remote triggers - if you have them, bring them. If not, don't sweat it. You can take great pictures without them, too!
- An external flash unit - again, not essential to have, but handy. (Consider this your next big investment after a proper tripod.)